General Knowledge Related to Travel
In this page we will update daily regarding general knowledge about travel related stuff around the world. Our motive is to provide you the best destination knowledge you should not miss on your trip.
Q1. Which is the highest peak in the world?
Ans. Mount Everest (29,035 feet), Nepal and Tibet.
Q2. Which is second highest peak in the world?
Ans. K2, Korakoram, (28,250 feet), PoK and China. Claim by India.
Q3. Which is the Top 3 tallest building in the world?
Ans. (1) Burj Khalifa (2717 feet), Dubai, UAE.
(2) Shanghai Tower (2073 feet), Shanghai, China.
(3) Abraj Al-Bait Clock Tower (1971 feet), Mecca, Saudi Arabia.
Q4. What are the seven wonders of the world?
Ans. (Honorary status ) Great Pyramid of Giza, at Giza Necropolis, Egypt (2560 BC).
(1) Great Wall of China, at China (700 BC)
(2) Petra, at Ma’an, Jordan (312 BC)
(3) Colosseum, at Italy, Rome (80 AD)
(4) Chichen Itza, at Yucatan, Mexico (600 AD)
(5) Machu Picchu, at Cuzco Region, Peru (1450 AD)
(6) Taj Mahal, at Agra, India (1643 AD)
(7) Christ the Redeemer, at Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, (1931 AD)
Q5. Which is the longest natural sea beach in the world?
Ans. Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh (150 miles).
Q6. Which place known as “Heaven on Earth”?
Ans. Kashmir, India
Q7. Top three longest railway station in the world?
Ans. (1) Gorakhpur Junction, Uttar Pradesh, India (4483 feet)
(2) Kollam Junction, Kerala, India (3873 feet)
(3) Kharagpur Junction, West Bengal, India (3519 feet)
Q8. Top five busiest airport in the world?
Ans. (1) Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International, USA: 110,531,300 passengers.
(2) Beijing Capital International Airport, China: 100,011,000 passengers
(3) Los Angeles International Airport, USA: 88,068,013 passengers
(4) Dubai International Airport, UAE: 86,396,757 passengers
(5) Tokyo Haneda Airport, Japan: 85,505,054 passengers
Q9. Which is the highest waterfall in the world?
Ans. Angel Waterfall, Venezuela.
Q10. In which sea humans does not sink?
Ans. Dead Sea, due to high salinity of 342 g/kg that makes water more denser than the body weight of a person.
Q11. Which is the cleanest village in the world?
Q12. Which is the top 3 largest desert in the world?
Q13. Top 10 richest country in the world 2020?
(1) Qatar (2) Luxembourg (3) Singapore (4) Ireland (5) Brunei (6) Norway (7) United Arab Emirates (8) Kuwait (9) Switzerland (10) United State of America.
Q14. Top three most powerful passport in 2020?
- Japan ( 191 destinations)
- Singapore (190 destinations)
- South Korea and Germany (189 destinations)
Q15. Coldest place on earth?
Ans. Antarctica (Minus 92 degree Celsias)
Q16. Hottest place on earth?
Ans. The Lut Desert, Iran. (70.7 degree Celsias on 2005)
Q17. Wettest place on earth?
Ans. Mawsynram, Meghalaya in India
Q18. Which are the top five highest hill station in the world?
- Ooty, India (2240 m)
- Manali, India (2050 m)
- Darjeeling, India (2042 m)
- Tredbo, Australia (2037)
- The Great Smoky Mountain, USA (2025)
Q19. Biggest Film City in the world?
Ans. Ramoji Film City, Hyderabad India, spread over 1666 acre it is the largest integrated film city in the world and as such has been certified by the Guinness World Records as the largest studio complex in the world.
Q20. Largest Church in the world?
Ans. St. Peter’s Basilica in Vatican City, the largest church in the world.
Q21. Largest Church in Asia?
The Sumi Baptist Church Zunheboto (SBCZ), is said to be the largest church in Asia. Situated in Zunheboto town of Nagaland, India
Q22. Tallest Church in the world?
Ans. The tallest church in the world is the Ulm Minster, the main Lutheran congregation in Ulm, Germany.
Q23. Largest Mosque in the world?
Ans. Great Mosque of Mecca, Mecca, Saudi Arabia.
Q24. Which is the world’s largest dancing fountain?
Ans. The Dubai Fountain.
Q25. World’s oldest steam locomotive in regular operation?
Ans. Fairy Queen was certified by the Guinness Book of Records in 1998 as the world’s oldest steam locomotive in regular operation.